1. Remember that it is the retailer’s responsibility to be alert, spot fraudulent orders and establish procedures to deal with questionable transactions;
2. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is – refund the sale if necessary and move on;
3. Always ensure that payment for goods have been made and cleared before shipping any goods;
4. Check if the customer and card details marry up by contacting your payment processor;
5. With a card not present transaction, the retailer is 100% liable for any fraud;
6. Watch out for the following combination: online orders for the most expensive products, free email addresses such as Yahoo! or Hotmail and requests for priority shipping;
7. Ask for proof of name and address and call the customer number, if one is available, to make sure that the business exits.
We are happy to help!